This course involves both theory and actual hand on kitchen lab and culinary work experience. The program includes an industry-driven curriculum to teach, test and award industry-recognized certificates to students meeting high standards in food service and restaurant education. Diploma in Global Culinary Arts is a twelve months program accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA).
By integrating classroom learning with on the job experiences, Diploma in Global Culinary Arts provides students with opportunities to learn and practice important skills related to leadership and responsibilities of the chefs. These skill sets serve as a foundation to professional, trained, and educated employees. It is a school-to-career path for the people interested in the Hotel, Restaurant or any Food service industry.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knife skills, hand tools and equipment operation, emphasizing proper safety.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, good personal hygiene and health habits.
- Preform safe food handling and sanitation procedures, Identify and use utensils, pots and pans, and demonstrate sage practices operating stove, mixers, blenders, ovens, etc.
- Perform basic Culinary Math and its application to the food service industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of standard weights and measures, and scaling of ingredients. Learn and apply the different methods of cooking
- Cook a variety of meats, poultry and fish using various cooking techniques.
- Prepare a variety of fruits and vegetables, starches, legumes and grains using a variety of cooking methods.
- Prepare a variety of fruits and vegetables, starches, legumes and grains using variety of cooking methods.
- Prepare a variety of salads and salad dressings and evaluate their flavors.
- Prepare baked goods desserts. Perform recipe yield conversions.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner food men items from various global cuisines.
- Perform dish washing and hand ware-washing requirements, and cleaning of production area after each use.
|Name of Programme||Duration||SCQF Level||SCQF Credit|
|Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management||21 months (15 months Theory + 6 months work project)||7||99|
|Diploma in Global Culinary Arts||12 months (6 months Theory + 6 months work project)||6||67|
|Diploma in Hospitality Management||18 months (12 months Theory + 6 months work project)||5||64|
|Certificate in Hospitality Management||6 months (3 months Theory + 3 months work project)||NA||NA|